Take Back the Night Calgary (TBTN) is looking for new people to get involved with the planning and organizing of this very important event.
Over the past five years, TBTN has been organized by a grassroots committee of five or six volunteers. We have openings for two new committee members and invite you to submit an application if you would like to be involved.
What TBTN planning committee members do:
- Organize a yearly event that is usually held on the third Friday in September.
- Attend planning meetings that are frequent in August and September and minimal throughout the rest of the year.
- Maintain the website and Facebook page for TBTN Calgary.
- Liaise with The City of Calgary’s Event Services to coordinate booking the space, road closures, police escorts, etc.
- Promote the event through various channels: our website and Facebook, Calgary media outlets, through women’s groups/organizations, etc.
- Connect and maintain relationships with other women’s groups/organizations in Calgary such as The Women’s Centre and Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse.
- Seek opportunities for fundraising or grants.
- Find community leaders, musicians, artists, performers, etc. to speak or perform at the event.
The tasks are typically split between the committee members, so if you have experience with media relations, then you might take on that task. If you are a web/social media guru, then you might take on that, and so on.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, April 7, 2013.
After that, TBTN will contact potential candidates to arrange a meeting. If we feel you would be a good fit for the committee, we will invite you to join the planning committee and discuss a role for you within the committee.
For more information about TBTN Calgary, visit facebook.com/tbtncalgary.